Terms & Conditions
This service is provided SMO (Shop Medicines Online) Limited trading as 'SMO'. By using this service you are confirming that you understand and agree to be legally bound by these Terms & Conditions. These terms and conditions apply to your access to the SMO website ("www.shopmedicinesonline.com"). Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before accessing and/or ordering any medicine from our Website. If you access the Website, and/or place an order for medicine, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions please do not use our Website. The SMO website is owned and operated by health care limited trading as 'SMO', registered in the USA . If you have any questions about our website please contact us: Tel: (979) 319-7511 Email: [email protected]
SMO is a fully regulated company by the relevant USA medical bodies. Please see Regulation for more details. SMO offers information, advice and treatment for a range of medical conditions. This service is provided by qualified USA doctors who are registered with the General Medical Council (GMC). Our dispensing pharmacy is regulated by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and can be trusted to deliver a high level of service by our qualified pharmacists.
- Security & Privacy
Your privacy is imperative to us and the following information explains what measures we take to protect it.
- SMO uses security technology, including firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to protect information submitted through this website.
- We do not have access to your financial information which is securely transferred directly to our card processing agents, who securely process it on our instructions.
- During your visit to our site we may gather certain personal information that is necessary to set up your account, for the purposes of billing, delivery of your medicine and queries. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary to process your order, process any applicable refunds, and respond to any complaints/feedback or to provide you with promotional information you have subscribed to.
- Electronic transmissions are never completely private or secure therefore we encourage customers to ensure that any computer (tablet or smartphone) you use to access your online patient record is suitably protected from potential interception.
- SMO complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will use the information you provide with other information we obtain about you to administer and provide the goods and/or services you request. We will not share your personal information with any organisation other than those directly involved in delivering these services, namely the dispensing pharmacy and the courier service. This service does not take responsibility to inform your regular GP of the medication prescribed by our doctors. If you want us to do this we would require your GP details and your consent.
- Commitment Agreement
|Our Commitment to you||Patient's Commitment to SMO|
- Information & Advice
The information and advice provided by SMO when you use the service is based on the information you have supplied to us. It is your responsibility to ensure this information is accurate and you accept that failure to do so (whether intentionally or not) will affect the information and advice we give to you and the medicines we supply to you and, as such, may have consequences for which we are not responsible.
All prices on this website are in GBP and include VAT unless expressly stated otherwise. We take care to ensure that all pricing information on our website is accurate but occasionally there may be an error. In the event that an error has occurred and the price charged is too high, we will identify all those that have overpaid and refund the difference.
- Completed Orders
When you place an order for medicines or take up a service that involves the prescribing of medicines this will require us to perform an assessment of your clinical suitability for the medicines before the medicines can be approved for supply. You agree to us commencing this service and an assessment of your clinical suitability when you place the order and, as such if you cancel your order once the prescription has been issued you will be liable for the prescription fee but refunded the full cost of the medicine and delivery costs.
- Concluding a binding contract
When we receive an order from you to purchase goods or services from us, we will confirm that we have received the order by sending a confirmation email to the contact email address that you supplied. Professional codes of conduct and legal restrictions may limit the number and frequency of any item we are permitted to supply to you and, as such, we have no obligation to supply quantities exceeding the relevant permitted maximum and will charge only for those we do supply. We reserve the right to reject any order.
- Authorisation of Orders for Medicines Online
Our doctors can only make a decision as to whether it is in the best interests of the patient to receive a medicine when the doctor has all relevant information. On occasion, this may require the doctor to ask the patient for additional information further to the information that was provided in response to an online questionnaire.
- Postage Costs
- Delivery of Orders
- Our right to Vary
We reserve the right to revise and amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions that are in force at the time that you order goods from us unless:
- Any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority, in which case the changes may apply to orders previously placed by you; or
- We notify you of any changes to these terms and conditions before we accept your order, in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions unless you notify us to the contrary within seven (7) working days of receipt by you of the goods.